How to Apply to the Constitutional Court
(THE LAW OF THE REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA ON THE CONSTITUTIONAL COURT
Article 22. Grounds for Consideration of a Case in the Constitutional Court
1. The Constitutional Court shall consider the case only in presence of a relevant application.
Article 23. Right to Apply to the Constitutional Court
1. The bodies and persons referred to in Article 169 of the Constitution may apply to the Constitutional Court in accordance with the procedure prescribed by the Constitution and this Law.
2. In the case referred to in Article 169, Part 1, Point 8 of the Constitution, legal entities may also apply to the Constitutional Court in accordance with Article 74 of the Constitution.
Article 24. General Requirements to the Application
1. The application shall be submitted to the Constitutional Court in writing, and shall be signed by an autorized person. The application shall be submitted in paper or in electronic form.
2. The application shall indicate:
1) The name of the Constitutional Court;
2)The name of the applicant (in case of legal entities-the title), the registration address (in case of legal entities - the legal address) or residence address in case it differs from the registration address: if the applicant acts through a representative - the name, registration address or residence address of the representative; in case it differs from the registration address;
3) The article of the Constitution that serves as the basis for applyng to the Constitutional Court;
4) The request submitted to the Constitutional Court and the applicant's arguments with references to the relevant norms of the Constitution;
5) In the cases referred to in Article 168, Points 1 and 5 of the Constitution, the name of the state or local self-government body or the official who adopted the challenged act;
6) The list of materials attached to the application.
3. In the cases referred to in Articles 68, 75 and 79 of this Law applications submitted by at least one fifth of the total number of Deputies shall comply with the general requirements to the application, as well as contain the required number of signatures.
Article 25. Materials Attached to the Application
1. Attachments to the application submitted to the Constitutional Court shall be:
1) the power of attorney or any other document confirming the powers of the representative;
2) the translation into Armenianan language of all foreign documents, certified in the order determined by law;
3) In the cases provided by this Law, evidence supporting the validity of the application;
4)Other materials related to the Case at the discretion of the applicant,
2. In the cases referred to in Article 69 of this Law, the applicant shall be obliged to submit to the Constitutional Court, -also:
1) The receipt on payment of state duty in the amount prescribed by law or a motion for exemption from payment of state duty,
2) The final judicial act of the court of general jurisdiction or specialized court by which the provisions of the disputed law was aplied to the applicant;
3) The copy of the identification document of the applicant;
4) The state registration number of the legal entity or the state registration numberof the individual entrepreneur;
5) The copy of the document confirming the identity of the advocate acting as a representative, as well as the copy of the document certifying the status of the advocate;
6) The copy of the identification document as well as the copy of higher legal education certificate of the person acting as a representative.
3. After the application submission, new materials submitted by the applicant shall be accepted only by the decision of the Constitutional Court.
|[The Constitutional Court] [The Constitution] [The Law of RA on the CC] [The Rules of Procedure] [The Decisions] [The Timetable of the Proceedings] [The Structure] [International Relations] [Events] [Library] [Legal Resources] [International Almanac] [The Bulletin] [Constitutional Justice] [Annual Reports] [National Reports] [News] [The Virtual Photogallery]|